Does muffin for breakfast sound a little not healthy?
Well, my answer is, “Not at all!” (Especially, when it is a fresh, warm quinoa & turmeric muffin)
Today I am so excited to share with you one of our absolute favorite breakfast idea for cool mornings. A few years I found it on the amazing blog GreenKitchenStories.com, and since then I can not stop making them over and over. I experimented with the original recipe a lot, changed some ingredients and quantities, and now I am proud to say that I found my perfect one. It is time to share it, right?
These muffins are delicious, naturally sweetened and gluten-free. Warming combination of turmeric, cardamom and nutmeg makes them incredibly flavorful and yes, beautifully yellow.
I usually serve them warm with some fresh fruits and a few spoons of plant-based yogurt. Mmm…
- Dry ingredients
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ⅔ cup quinoa flour (you can also use buckwheat flour)
- 2 tbsp starch (I usually use arrowroot)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp sea salt
- a pinch black pepper
- a pinch nutmeg
- Wet ingredients
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (you can use whole milk yogurt as well)
- 1 tbsp ghee (butter)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 dates
- 3 large eggs
- Some wild blueberries (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup rolled oats + 2 tbsp maple syrup (for topping, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line a muffin pan with paper cups. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add yogurt, bananas and dates to a blender and process until smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl and beat well, add them to the rest of ingredients and mix it well again.
- Divide the batter into the muffin paper cups (about 1 tbsp for each), drop a few of blueberries on top of each muffin and gently push them down a little.
- You can add a bit of rolled oat and drizzle of maple syrup on top of each muffin as well.
- Bake your muffins for 20 min.
- Enjoy them warm?
You can freeze some of them as well.
I wish quinoa & turmeric muffins can make one of your mornings warmer and brighter.
(Inspired by David and Luise’s blog http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/)