Oh, this magically versatile cauliflower! Besides adding nutrients, creaminess, and bulk of fiber to smoothies, soups, and salads, it also makes a brilliant gluten-free pizza base. Topped with lots of colorful vegetables, this dish becomes a healthy yet satisfying alternative to a traditional pizza (which sometimes we enjoy as well, hello #balance).
Because it’s so easy to make and also really nutritious, this recipe became a staple in my meal prep. For a few days of a week, we love to enjoy a variety of vegetables in the form of comfort food.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup amaranth flour
- 3 eggs organic, free-range
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch salt, pepper
- 1.5 cup broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce Rao's tomato and basil
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast or cheese of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower in a few smaller pieces. Process them in a blender for a few seconds until they are riced. Transfer into a medium size mixing bowl. Add flour, oregano, and salt. Beat eggs for about a minute and stir into the cauliflower mass. On a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper place the cauliflower “dough” and flatten it with your hands until the crust is about ⅓ of an inch. Pre-bake for about 25 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, prepare the pizza topping. Remove the cauliflower crust from the oven. Cover it with tomato sauce and add broccoli, spiralized zucchini, and slices of pepper. Then put it back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes until the vegetables are ready. Take the pizza out of the oven. Lightly sprinkle hot pizza with nutritional yeast or cheese of your choice. Top with fresh spinach and pesto. Bon appétit!
Optionally, you could drizzle the pizza with basil pesto from this recipe.
Hey friends! What do you think about this recipe? What is your favorite way to incorporate cauliflower into your diet? Please, share with me in the comments below or on social media.