Wholesome cream of cauliflower soup is incredibly easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Beautifully paired with chopped fresh greens and roasted vegetables, this soup will be a delicious addition to any lunch or dinner.
Recently in St. Louis, my mother in law kindly shared with me an incredibly simple soup recipe. I’m happy to publish it here because it perfectly fits into my cooking philosophy, where simple and nutritious meals are always a priority.
Trying this soup first time, I could not believe that there was not a drop of cream or milk in it. I was amazed how delicious it was. It was pure proof that the ingenious can be simple! Beautiful milky texture and creaminess are achievable by processing roasted cauliflower along with a broth in a high-speed blender.
While soup itself is not complicated at all, the variety of toppings adds a real sparkle. My favorite garnishes are roughly chopped fresh spinach and parsley, or roasted pepper, broccoli, and sweet corn, or lightly toasted pumpkin seeds, or sauteed in avocado oil wild mushrooms with Himalayan salt and dill. Variations are endless. Try and find your favorite!
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 3 cups of chicken broth ( or vegetable, or mushroom broth)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- greens, roasted vegetables for garnish.
- Place cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Spread out to single layer and place in a 350 degrees F oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender and some caramelization appears.
- Put into blender container and add about 3 cups of organic chicken (vegetable) stock, desired consistency. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat if you like, pour in a bowl and add some chopped greens, roasted vegetables, seeds or sauteed mushrooms.
P.S. Thank you, Susie, for your endless cooking motivation and inspiration, and, of course, all your amazingly delicious surprises from the kitchen.
Much love, Zhenya
Let me know if you tried this recipe! I am excited to hear what you think!
Post a comment below or use #lemonsqueezylife on Instagram.
Thank you! ♡