This cream of cauliflower is really easy to make because it requires only a few ingredients. Beautifully paired with chopped greens and roasted vegetables, this soup will be a delicious addition to any lunch or dinner.
Recently in St. Louis, my mother in law kindly shared with me an incredibly simple soup recipe. I’m happy to publish it here because it perfectly fits into my cooking philosophy, where simple and nutritious meals are always a priority.
Trying this soup first time, I could not believe that there was not a drop of cream or milk in it. I was amazed by how delicious and smooth it was. It was pure proof that the ingenious can be simple! This beautiful milky texture and creaminess are achievable by processing roasted cauliflower along with a broth in a high-speed blender.
While soup itself is not complicated at all, the variety of toppings adds a real sparkle. There are many great options such as roughly chopped fresh spinach and roasted pepper, or roasted broccoli with sweet corn, or lightly toasted pumpkin seeds, or wild mushrooms, lightly sauteed with Himalayan salt and dill. Variations are endless. Try and find your favorite!
Cream of Cauliflower Soup (vegan-friendly)
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 3 cups of chicken broth or vegetable, or mushroom broth
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt pepper
- greens roasted vegetables for garnish.
- Place cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Spread out to single layer and place in a 350 degrees F oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender and some caramelization appears.
- Put into blender container and add about 3 cups of organic chicken (vegetable) stock, desired consistency. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat if you like, pour in a bowl and add some chopped greens, roasted vegetables, seeds or sauteed mushrooms.
P.S. Thank you, Susie, for the cooking inspiration, and for all your amazingly delicious surprises from the kitchen.
Let me know if you tried this recipe! I am excited to hear what you think!
Post a comment below or use #lemonsqueezylife on Instagram.
Thank you! ♡