It is an easy recipe for an absolutely delicious snack, elegant dessert, or a beautiful present. The real magic happens when our imagination becomes the main ingredient!
I am always in the process of looking for a perfect chocolate bar. I have to admit I truly enjoy this process). But sometimes I want something more special. Valentine’s day happened to be a great opportunity to create my own bark. I already made chocolate using cacao butter, you can find the recipe here. This year I simplified the process and figured out another way to create perfect chocolate. This is one of those recipes ideal for Holidays, or honestly anytime you want to make a sweet-ish treat that’s nourishing and portable. This bark is satisfying and delicious, and it takes almost no time to make. The most beautiful part is that you can add anything you like to make it just right for you or someone who you want to present it to.
I love adding crunchy goji berries, favorite nuts, and something flavorful like a splash of vanilla, cinnamon, or orange zest. To add a crisp texture, experiment with puffed rice, quinoa, or chia seeds. There are endless topping combinations.
Here a few of my favorites:
- Pumpkin seeds + dried cherries + cacao nibs
- Salted pistachios + goji berries + puffed chia seeds
- Coconut flakes + bee pollen + chopped prunes
- Dried dragon fruit + pecans + sea salt
- Orange zest + cinnamon + puffed quinoa
Homemade chocolate bark
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips use 85%
- 1 tbsp coconut oil optional
- A handful of dried goji
- A handful of walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Melt chocolate chips on a double bath. Add coconut oil and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- On a small baking sheet (8×8 inch) lined with parchment paper, pour melted chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly using a rubber spatula and place the mix of goji berries, nuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon and maca powder on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for at 1-2 hours or until chocolate has set. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Keep in the refrigerator in the closed container.
Enjoy sweet moments!
Much love, Zhenya
P.S. Please, let me know if you tried this recipe! I can’t wait to hear about your experience! Leave a comment below, or share your creation on social media using #lemonsqueezylife. Thanks for your time!