Almost every day in our little family we treat as a national chocolate holiday by satisfying our sweet tooth with chocolate in some form 😋.
Today I wanted to share with you a simple recipe and one of my favorites for the fall season, hot chocolate.
This hot chocolate is full of flavor with natural ingredients and a little kick of heat from the cayenne. I love using spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, sometimes black pepper in my hot drinks. The combination of cayenne, cocoa, and cinnamon creates this warming effect in the body and also tastes wonderful together!
- 2 cups almond milk (cashew milk)
- 3 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of cardamom
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Stevia or raw honey to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk of choice to a gentle simmer and take off heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients in and whisk for 2 minutes or until everything has combined.
- Pour in your favorite mug.
Serve warm or hot. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!😘