It is the hottest time for many students because finals are getting closer. That is why I am keeping my posts as short as I can.
I must admit that sometimes my ability to combine studying, healthy lifestyle and being a good wife feels like “mission impossible.” On such days I cook the easiest healthy dishes (check out a few ideas here, here, or here) and try my best not to overexert myself, although this, of course, happens with varying success.
By eating properly, I support the optimal work of my body and the brain in particular. I believe that during periods of high demand, it is entirely unfair to put aside working out and cooking nourishing food at home.
Incredibly simple oats & blueberry bars — what you need when there is absolutely no time to prepare a proper breakfast. I like to cook them on Sunday; then I am sure that a delicious and nutritious snack is ready for a few mornings ahead.
These bars perfectly combine with nut/seed butter and contain only whole ingredients. Oatmeal makes them fulfilling, while the combination of applesauce, raisins, and banana replaces the need for an additional sweetener. It is also vegan and only one bowl recipe!
Oat & Blueberry Bars (vegan)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries or a mix of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- a handful of chopped walnuts
- a handful of raisins optional, makes the bars slightly sweeter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- First, mash bananas using a fork.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients and stir very well.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of 8 x 8’’ baking form and spread the mixture evenly using a spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Keep in a closed container in a fridge up to a week.
Blueberries can be replaced with raspberries.
Serve these bars warm or cold.
Don’t forget to use our hashtag #lemonsqueezylife, it will help us to see your creations!0