Oh wow! It is almost the end of October already. I realized that only when I saw the note that the next week is the last week of my favorite farmers market at Daley Plaza. But I have no complaints, the weather in Chicago is still warm and beautiful; and no one said that the fall fun is close to being over, right? 😉
Simply because it is so wonderful outside, I decided to save my favorite warm recipes for later… The idea was to create something seasonal but at the same time something that reminds of summer.
Ta-da… I named my creation, Pumpkin Spice Cashew Cake! It is easy to make, yummy and wholesome raw pie, which can be a perfect addition to any occasion.
Mmm…We love it!
- 1 cups pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup whole raw pecans (walnuts, almonds)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight in cold water + drained
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Top Layer
- 2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice (it is mix of cinnamon, dried ginger, cloves and nutmeg)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey (Add more sweetener if you wish, keep in mind that the bottom layer is super sweet).
- Pinch of salt
- To make a base, line a 8x8 inch form with foil, extending up and over the sides by about one inch.
- Place dates, pecans and salt in a food processor and blend on high until relatively finely ground. Press mixture into the base of your baking form evenly.
- To make the filling, place all filling ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth (If you don't have a high speed blender, you might need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides to assist blending). Pour this mixture over the base and place into the freezer while you making the top layer.
- Place pumpkin puree, and the rest of the top layer ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour your pumpkin filling over the two previous layers. Smooth off with a spoon and place into the fridge for a few hours (2-3 at least) or overnight, until set firm.
- Defrost for 20-30 minutes before eating. Decorate your cake as you wish. Slice and serve!
- I would recommend to slice all cake at once and store in the freezer in covered container for up to 1 month.
In case if you want to make pumpkin puree yourself take a look at the video below
It can be a delicious snack, or a beautiful party dessert.
Enjoy the fall season!
Love, Zhenya x
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?