If you ask me what is my favorite lunch, I will say, “easy lunch.” For me, it means fast in cooking, wholesome and, of course, yummy. Lunch that makes me want to rock and roll not sleep ;).
One of my favorite formulas is a bowl of gluten-free grain + greens, roasted and/or fresh vegetables + hummus or an egg.
Today I want to share how to make a beautiful pink rice which can be a delicious base for any of your lunch bowls. I love to add to my rice coconut milk. It gives an additional flavor to the rice making it super tender.
- 1 cup mix of brown and wild rice (soaked for a few hours)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium size organic beet
- Additionally sweet purple potato, salt, butter
- Fresh cucumber, radish
- Boil the beet until it tender.
- Then grate it on a large grater. Set aside.
- Cook rice according to instructions on the bag. (Usually about 30 min)
- When rice is ready add coconut milk and beet in the pot with rice. Stir well.
- Sweet Purple Potato Mash
- To make mashed sweet potato, bake a large potato in the oven (400 degrees F ) for about 35 min or until it is soft.
- Let it cool a little and peel the skin off. Mash potato using a fork. Add a little piece of butter and pinch of salt
- Add a spoon of curry hummus (favorite hummus), slices of fresh cucumber and radish.
- Mmm..lunch is ready!
So simple and well…beautiful!
There are so many different variations you can create with this rice.
A few of our favorites additions to the rice:
sauteed spinach+mushrooms+fresh cucumber;
sweet potato mash+hummus+cucumber, carrots and radish;
soft egg + roasted corn and broccoli…
So, you can be as creative as you want. Rule number one — make your bowl colorful!
Do not forget that you can always wrap rice with vegetables in seaweed sheets and get a delicious roll. Add some soy sauce to it and enjoy. Mmm…we love it!
Love, Zhenya xoxo
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!😘