What an exciting news! Raw Sesame Cookies are here! ?
Cookies without baking, in my opinion, is always a fantastic idea! Five minutes of cooking, and voila! Wholesome snack or dessert is ready. Oatmeal flour, nut/seed butter, and raw honey serve as core ingredients. Slightly toasted sesame seeds, rich in iron and other vitally important micro elements, give these cookies a distinctive flavor. Mmm!
You can make nut butter and oatmeal at home without much effort. Homemade, it will be even healthier. You will only need a blender and rolled oats or, for nut butter — a blender, some nuts, and a little patience. How to make the most delicious homemade peanut butter I already wrote here.
I also love adding maca powder to these cookies. This pleasant-tasting root is usually considered as a superfood, which is an excellent source of energy. I want to highlight that for this recipe maca powder is an entirely optional ingredient.
How to roast Sesame Seeds?
You can roast sesame seeds easily, by spreading the seeds out in a pan and ensuring that seeds keep moving continuously and don’t burn. You want light even brown color on the seeds, not black, and if you start to smell an acrid or strong smell, seeds are overdone.
Raw Sesame Cookies!
- 2 tbsp. nut/seed butter
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1/2 cup oat flour you can grind the oatmeal in a blender
- 1 tsp. extract of vanilla
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. maca powder optional
- 3 tbsp. lightly toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, nut butter, and vanilla extract. Stir well with a spoon.
- Gradually add the flour, maca powder, and salt. Stir again.
- Make 7-8 small balls (or any other shape you like), then roll each of them in sesame.
- Store the cookies in the freezer.