Yesterday it was already snowy here, in Chicago. First snow is always beautiful and exciting, but the temperature is so cool, brrrr ❄. Now cozy sweaters, long scarfs, and warm pies are definitely the highlights of the season!
Honestly, sometimes I have those days when all I need is a warm pie. I don’t even know what I want more, the calming process of baking or an actual piece of the pie… Could be both 🙂
Anyway, I have my favorite recipe for such situation. This pie I remember since being a kid. At the place where I grew up, we had many beautiful apple trees. August, September, October were the months of the most delightful apple pies.
Over the years, my food preferences have changed significantly, and I have been experimenting with the original recipe a lot. Now I am proud to announce that I found my perfect version of it; it is gluten-free and little less sweet.
I love to use apples from the local farmers market; I truly believe that it helps me to recreate the essential taste of my childhood.
I hope you will get all my positive vibes and like this pie as much as I do!
I also must say that this apple pie is really easy to make. You almost can not go wrong with anything. I hope by this moment I convinced you enough. So, are you ready to try? 😉
Russian Apple Pie
- For 8-inch baking dish
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 4 large apples 2 sweet + 2 sour
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or use coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp extract of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut the apples into small pieces and mix with cinnamon in a large bowl. Set it aside.
- Beat the eggs well and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Stir well. The batter should have the condensed milk consistency.
- Pour the batter over the apples and mix everything well.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
This is the consistency of the batter.
Stay warm and be happy!
Love, Zhenya xoxo
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?