We adore healthy and delicious chickpeas! They are rich in protein and fiber. Chickpeas also fulfill and give energy for a long time.
Chickpea hummus has been a must-have product in our refrigerator for a long time. Paired with fresh crunchy vegetables such as cucumber, carrots, broccoli, celery, it can be a great addition to a dinner or simply a wholesome snack. The most delicious homemade hummus recipe will be on the blog soon?
I recently discovered that baked chickpeas are just as delicious.
Now, this little recipe is useful for me in case I want to add variety to my usual salads. For example, if you add baked chickpeas to lettuce, kale or spinach, lightly sprinkling tahini, lemon juice or olive oil, you will get a great option for a simple but satisfying salad. It can be easily varied by adding avocado, cucumber, boiled egg, fresh radish, and parsley. In the process of creating salads, there is a huge space for experiments!
In order to save time, I usually use canned chickpeas. Before baking, I only need to wash them thoroughly and dry out with a paper towel. In case if you are using dry chickpea, the preparation will take considerably more time.
Instructions for cooking dry chickpeas
Soak the chickpeas in advance for 8-12 hours. Then rinse thoroughly and cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes. When the chickpeas are soft, drain the water and let them cool off. After that, chickpeas can be baked.
Spicy Crispy Chickpeas ?
- 1 can chickpeas make sure the can is BPA-free (or 400 g. cooked)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- * Or any other combination of your favorite spices! In the US I like using Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning Mix.
- Rinse the canned chickpeas. Blot with a paper towel,
- In a separate bowl, mix the spices with the olive oil, add the chickpeas and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into one layer on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 25 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees C / 375 degrees F until the chickpea is crispy
These spices are also very suitable for this recipe.