Easy-to-make, flavorful, and healthy granola will quickly become your best friend exactly as it became mine. Undoubtedly, this is the best topping for any smoothie, yogurt, or chia pudding bowl!
It is always nice to have some premade granola for breakfast, especially if you are like me prefer to work out in the morning. Some days I feel like a smoothie or a chia pudding on its own needs an extra kick. Those days this healthy granola is my best choice. The most amazing part is that even after a big green smoothie bowl topped with this granola I am still feeling light and energized in the morning, and for me, this is the best way to have an awesome day.
As you might notice further, I use quite a few superfoods such as maca powder, goji berries, and cacao nibs in this recipe in order to make this granola even more nourishing, but I want to highlight that this recipe (as the majority of all my recipes) is highly versatile and can be changed according to anyone’s personal preferences. Dark chocolate cacao chips (70% and higher) instead of cacao nibs, raisin, dried cherries, or dates instead of goji berries, cinnamon, cardamom instead of maca — there are so many options to customize it. Oh yeah, don’t forget to let me know if you invented a special combination, I will be happy to hear it!
This is an unsweetened version of granola and, in my opinion, it really does not need any additional sweetener. I love to serve it over my smoothie, chia pudding, or an almond-milk yogurt with some berries, and a few circles of banana. I truly enjoy getting my sugar from fresh fruit and berries instead of other sources. If this is not sweet enough for you, feel free to drizzle a little bit of raw honey or organic maple syrup on the granola. There are so many creative options to make it perfect for you, just add whatever feels right and enjoy!
- 2 cups of organic old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cashew pieces
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts
- ¼ raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- ⅓ cup goji berries raisins
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉/ 180 ℃. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, and cinnamon. Stir everything to coat in coconut oil. Spread evenly on a baking sheet into a thin layer.
- Bake for 10 min. After 10 minutes, respread the granola, preventing burning, and bake for additional 5 min or a little longer. Taste for doneness. The nuts should be lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add goji berries, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and maca powder. Stir everything well.
- Place in an air-tight glass jar. Store at room temperature.
Now it is time to hear from you!
Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments below or on social media. Use hashtag #lemonsqueezylife and I will see your beautiful creations! Can’t wait!