In addition to the fact that March symbolizes the beginning of a long-awaited spring, it is also a happy time when we celebrate three birthdays one after another with an interval of a week. A real birthday marathon ?. These days are my favorite occasions to bake a cake, a chocolaty delight! I know it will make my family truly happy and my heart sing.
Today I am sharing one of the most successful recipes for chocolate cake. We have tried quite a few.
This cake is decadently rich and flavorful, easy-to-make and does not require too many bowls (fewer dishes to wash, yay!) It is also gluten-free, requires only naturally wholesome ingredients and very little sugar. (Of course, you can adjust sweetness to your taste)
Also, it calls a lot of cocoa, so it’s better to use the best quality cocoa powder.
If you love dark chocolate, this cake will be a perfect fit for any occasion! Feel free to add your favorite fruit topping or serve with ice cream.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (adjust to your taste)
- A pinch of salt
- For the Ganache
- 50-60 grams of dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 freshly brewed espresso
- 4 tbsp coconut milk (any other plant-based milk)
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir well.
- In a blender, process the bananas, eggs and olive oil until smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. The dough should have a creamy consistency. if it turns out too thick add a little water.
- Place the parchment paper on the bottom of a small round cake shape (8 inches, 20 cm diameter), then pour the dough. Smooth out it with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick that the cake is ready. Remove from the oven. Let it cool.
- At this time, prepare the ganache.
- Make a shot of espresso. Melt the chocolate in the double bath. Turn the heat off, add an espresso with milk. Mix well.
- Pour the ganache on the cake starting from the middle, level with a spatula. Let it sit until the ganache is firm.
- I love to serve with coconut yogurt and fresh strawberries.
- Keep the cake in a fridge.
Enjoy your time with family and stay happy!
If you try this recipe please use hashtag
#lemonsqueezylife, and I will see your beautiful creations! Yay!