These gluten-free cookies are simple and elegant. The flavor of sesame seeds alongside the almonds and slight notes of vanilla is divine. Feel free to experiment with sweetener. Create a nutritious snack by subtracting coconut nectar or follow the recipe as it is to get a sweeter version.
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup organic tahini
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds optional
- 1 egg beaten
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- In a smaller bowl, blend together coconut nectar, tahini, egg, and vanilla
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the sesame seeds
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown
- Cool on baking sheet
If you like your cookies crunchy, leave them out after baking. If you are looking for cookies with a chewier center then store them in an airtight container.
I love making these nutritious cookies when having a busy week ahead. They are so easy to take with and serve as a great afternoon snack. They are also perfect crumbled over a chia seed pudding or a smoothie bowl for breakfast.
This recipe is created by my friend Chicago-based nutritionist Ashley Amit.
Are you interested in making these cookies, or maybe you already tried this recipe? Please, share with me your experience! Leave a comment below, tag @lemonsqueezylife on social media or use our hashtag #lemonsqueezylife. Thank you so much! Sending much love your way!
Products we used in this recipe