In addition to the pure desire to feed the family, there is something else, fascinatingly special in the process of cooking. For me, the time spent in the kitchen sometimes serves as a real meditation and relaxation. Whether I am baking and decorating cookies or in a fit of inspiration, coming up with a new recipe, cooking can be a real replacement for the art studio. At the same time, I prefer simple recipes, which do not take more than 15 minutes in preparation. My new Vegan Dry Fruit Bars is exactly one of these recipes, which I am so excited to share today.
In our kitchen, these bars appear with a noticeable periodicity. Healthy, moderately sweet, fragrant, and surprisingly easy to prepare, they do not contain any eggs or refined sugar. As a sweetener, there is coconut sugar, dried fruit, and a little bit of organic honey. Rye flour combined with an apple and cinnamon gives the bars an additional unique aroma and piquancy.
It can be an excellent option for either relaxing weekend breakfasts or a weekday snack for a rushing student.
Making these bars on the weekend will provide an excellent breakfast for several weekdays. It saves lots of time.
- 1 cup of dry fruit (raisins, prunes, apricots)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. organic honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup plant-based milk ( warm water)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 grated apple (or ½ cup applesauce)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/ 180 degrees C.
- Cut dry fruit into small pieces and soak in hot water for 5 min. Then drain the water.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar. Stir well.
- Add the rest of ingredients -- coconut oil, milk, applesauce, cinnamon, dry fruit, and nuts.
- Stir everything well.
- Pour the batter into 8'' square bakeware. Align with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 min.
I love to serve these bars warm with a spoonful of yogurt, nut butter, and berries. Enjoy your little experiments in the kitchen!
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!😘