Easy to make and versatile recipe with a holiday twist is here. If you like nuts as much as we do this recipe will be a perfect fit for you!
It is a snowy day here. Trees, covered in white, look absolutely gorgeous and reminds me about the upcoming holidays and the end of challenging semester at school. I can’t believe that biochemistry class is almost over! I can’t speak for everyone else, but I am definitely ready for some relaxing time.
For me, December can easily turn into a super busy month, between final exams, Christmas shopping, and long-awaited time with friends, so it is nice to have some time-saving recipes around which will be healthy as well as delicious. One of them is my easy spicy nuts.
We almost never buy roasted nuts, because raw nuts are easier to digest and they do not have additional unhealthy oils commonly added to mass-produced roasted nuts. At the same time, occasionally I enjoy making homemade roasted nuts with high-quality oil and favorite spices. They can be a delicious and nutritious snack or serve as a great holiday treat, especially when paired with fresh fruit and dark chocolate on a tray for your guests (hello, crowd-pleasing ideas!) I also like adding some spicy nuts to my salads; it makes them more interesting.
So, the bottom line is — this recipe is incredibly simple and the product is incredibly versatile. If you like nuts as much as we do, give this recipe a try!
Holiday Spicy Nuts
- 2 cups of mixed raw pecans cashews, almonds (walnuts, brazil nuts, ....)
- 1.5-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of favorite spices we love using taco mix from trader joe otherwise, combine dried paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, sea salt, and garlic powder together.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine nuts, olive oil, and spices. Stir well, make sure nuts are covered in oil.
- Distribute nuts evenly on a parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Store them in airtight glass container.
Best wishes and much love,