We love turmeric!
Have you tried our turmeric muffins yet? It is one of our most loved recipes with turmeric ever!
Today, a day after Thanksgiving, I want to share a simple, but so favorite anti-inflammatory recipe for turmeric milk. I love to make it in the evening, an hour or two before the bed. It helps me to calm down after my day and relax physically and mentally.
This milk is a pure delight: the creaminess of almond milk, little sweetness from cinnamon, the spiciness of black pepper, and an incredible taste of turmeric!
If you wish to make your own plant-based milk, check this post. Fresh homemade nut milk is always the most delicious one!
Hot Turmeric Milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey 1 date
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- ground black pepper
- Combine turmeric, ginger, sweetner of choice, cinnamon, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt in a powerful blender.
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering.
- Pour the hot almond milk into the blender and blitz everything until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with ground black pepper.
Enjoy this holiday season and stay happy!
Photo by @nutritionstripped
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?
photo by www.angelfacebotanicals.com0