Once we tried our first cashew cake, to be honest it wasn’t a perfect one, our desire to eat regular cheesecakes disappeared. The difference between how you feel after a cheesy dessert even at a fancy restaurant and how you feel after a handful of nuts, dry fruits and fruit, is huge. The best thing is we are in charge what to choose for ourselves ?.
I make some kind of cashew cake at home quite often. It is the most desirable dessert for my husband (well, maybe after a date stuffed with peanut butter and sea salt?). Piece of cashew cake can be also a great nutritious snack for a busy student like me.
There are so many different forms and variations of raw cakes, we love strawberry, blueberry and chocolate ones the most. I am going to post the recipes of all of them here. But today I want to introduce to you something special – lemonsqueezy kiwi cake! It is easy, lovely green, fresh and not too sweet raw cashew cake. I hope you will like it as much as we do!
- 1 cups pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup whole raw walnuts
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight in cold water + drained
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon or lime (use half of lemon if regular size)
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Top layer
- handful of organic spinach
- 3 green kiwifruit, peeled
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (optional)
- To make a base, line a 8x8 inch form with foil, extending up and over the sides by about one inch.
- Place dates, walnuts and salt in a food processor and blend on high until relatively finely ground. Press mixture into the base of your baking form evenly.
- To make the filling, place all filling ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth (If you don't have a high speed blender, you might need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides to assist blending). Pour this mixture over the base and place into the freezer while you making the top layer. Make sure to wash the blender before making top layer if you want a beautiful green color.
- Place spinach, 3 green kiwifruit, coconut milk in a blender and process until you have a smoothie mixture. Now pour your kiwifruit filling over the two layers. Smooth off with a spoon and place into the fridge for a few hours (2-3 at least) or overnight, until set firm.
- Defrost for 20-30 minutes before eating. Decorate your cake with a few circles of kiwi fruit and/or green grapes. Slice and serve!
- I would recommend to slice all cake at once and store in the freezer in covered container for up to 1 month.
Wish you lots of inspiration!
Love, Zhenya x
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?