Every time my mom creates and shares her healthy recipes with me, I feel really happy. The fact that my family members are ready for positive changes in their diets and lifestyles is great motivation to keep writing this blog. This is incredibly cool.
In my previous posts, I already mentioned that I like experimenting with oatmeal. It does not contain gluten and easy to use in baking. I have already shared recipes with oatmeal flour here, here and here. For a long time, these oatmeal cookies have been one of my favorites. After my mom shared with me her simple recipe, I was excited to try another version of it.
These cookies contain gluten because of the rye flour. If you do not have allergies or sensitivity to gluten, then there is no reason to not try these cookies ;). They are super easy to make, do not contain eggs or much sugar, and can have many different flavors, depending on the dried fruit and nuts added to it. My favorite combination: raisins + walnuts.
There is no doubt these cookies can become an excellent option for a snack or even breakfast. I love to crumble it over my chia pudding or yogurt in the morning, add some fruit and create something like a parfait. I hope you will like the recipe!
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- 1 cup of whole rye flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup oats (not instant)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of chopped walnuts
- 10 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of water
- Sift the flour. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Melt coconut oil until liquid consistency and pour it into the dry ingredients. Gradually add water. Stir well.
- Leave the mixture for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Put the dough on paper using a spoon (1 tablespoon of dough = one cookie).
- Wet the back of the spoon in the water and give each cookie round, flat shape.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the cookies are ready, let them cool.
- Store in a tightly closed container at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?