Yay! My finals are over. Even though it was not easy, the sense of satisfaction after such accomplishment is always worth it. Again and again, I am convinced that being out of my comfort zone is vitally important for а personal growth.
Well, it is time to get back to the food!
I am an absolute fan of easy breakfasts. Especially now, when it is a holiday season! There are so many fun things to do every day which I prefer over spending extra time in the kitchen. Sorry to all passionate cooks, I am not one of you. I am always trying to be creative and make something that takes no longer than 5-10 min to prepare in the morning.
When cold smoothie bowls are not as attractive as they were in July, oatmeal can be a great and nutritious option. I would agree, it might sound a bit boring if you think about traditional porridge. Fortunately, it is not the case, and there are so many fun and easy breakfast options with oats! I shared some ideas here, here, and here. One of my favorites is soaked overnight oats in orange juice. I love to serve it with some yogurt, toasted coconut, nut butter, or fresh fruit. With that many options, everyday breakfast can be different, but always delicious and wholesome.
Here is the recipe. I hope you will like it as much as we do in our family ;).
Orange & Vanilla Overnight Oats
- 1 ½ rolled oats
- ½ cup of water nut milk of choice
- 2 oranges or 4 mandarins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Serve with
- 2-3 spoons of yogurt full-fat regular or plant based
- 1-2 tbsp nut/seed butter
- Fresh fruit
- Coconut flakes cacao nibs.
- In the evening: Mix oats, chia seeds, raisins and vanilla in a glass jar. Peel the oranges and process them in a blender until liquid orange mixture. Add the mixture and water to the jar and stir it well. Place the jar in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning: Scoop the soaked oats porridge on top of the yogurt, cover with fresh fruit, coconut, cacao nibs and nut butter.
Are you ready for Christmas yet?
I hope you are! Enjoy your preparation for this holiday season and stay warm.
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?