Gluten Free Blueberry Cobbler is a summery desert which will fit into any diet! It takes minutes to make and perfectly suitable for lazy summer days.
I hope everyone is having fun this summer. I certainly have many reasons to love this beautiful season, and one of them is an abundance of fresh and colorful berries. For me, those ripe berries taste like childhood because I was spending most of the summers at our family summer house in Russia surrounded by birches, apple trees, and berry bushes. Now my life is different and the majority of my time I spend in a huge city (of course, there are no complaints about that), but even a few fresh berries from a local farmers market can transfer me through time and space to that summer house where the happiest seven-year-old me was picking fresh berries and making the most delicious jam with mom. Amazing memories.
Another reason to confess my love for this summer is that my parents were able to visit me and my husband in Chicago. Now we have lots of great times trying new healthy and healthy-ish recipes together. Softly, I am trying to introduce for them a healthier lifestyle with an abundance of fresh air, sun, fun activities, and healthy food. I am also trying to promote a simple idea that healthy eating is never about deprivation, on the contrary, it is all about delicious, nutritious, and fresh food that makes us feel great.
This gluten-free blueberry cobbler is happened to be one of our favorites which I am excited to share with you today.
I can also describe this dessert as a light version of a berry pie with maximum berries, minimum sugar, plus a little crunch on top. It is easy, light, and super summery!
I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 cups fresh organic blueberries
- ⅓ cup organic rolled oats (use gluten-free if intolerant)
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ pecans
- 2-3 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (any other starch you prefer)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine berries, starch and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- With your hands grind the pecans into a large crumb.
- Then combine pecans, oats, almond flour, 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Stir well until everything is combined and crumbs are obtained.
- Place the berries into a small baking dish (8 x 4) evenly, then lay out the crumbs over the berries and sprinkle cinnamon.
- Cover the form with foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil and put it back for about 10 minutes.
This simple cobbler can become an afternoon snack or be a delicious addition to any dinner!
And let me know what you think about this recipe! I will be happy to hear your feedback and see your creations!
Love, love Zhenya