Fall is here, guys. Local farmers markets are so colorful now. You can see how incredibly beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow harvest meet sweet smells of caramelized apples. While colors around are bright and warm, mornings in Chicago are getting cooler every day. We are switching our light smoothie breakfasts to more satisfying versions. Now our kitchen is more often filled with the smells of roasted pumpkin, warming spices and freshly baked muffins. Fall is time for experiments! Today I am going to share one of our favorite and super easy breakfast ideas — Overnight Pumpkin Spice Oats recipe.
I personally love overnight oats a lot. Making a large jar of overnight oats on Sunday night can be a great healthy solution for busy weekday mornings. Variety of toppings make each oatmeal bowl incredibly delicious and unique. One day I will top my oats with pumpkin seeds, berries and coconut shavings, next day — with pieces of banana and a spoonful of peanut butter, another day there will be slices of pear with drizzle of raw honey and some hemp seeds. There is an infinite amount of options, plus it’s always simple, nutritious and tastes fantastic.
Ready to try yet?
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 250 ml cup of pumpkin puree (it's about a half of can, feel free to add more puree if you like pumpkin a lot)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 cup plant based yogurt (or another cup of milk)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Additional Toppings of Choice:
- Raw honey
- Pumpkin seeds
- Nut/seed butter
- Coconut flakes
- Banana, favorite berries
- Make pumpkin puree. (Watch the video below)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well until everything is evenly incorporated. This mixture will thicken as it sits, so it should be a little runny first.
- Place the mixture in a glass jar(s), and put in the fridge until the next morning.
- In the morning put a few spoon of oats mixture in a bowl, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Store overnight oats in a closed glass jar in the fridge for up to 7 days.
If you want to make homemade oat milk check this post, how to make nut or seed milk at home I wrote in this post.
In case if you want to make pumpkin puree yourself take a look at the video below
Enjoy the fall season!
Love, Zhenya x
Did you make this recipe?
Please, let us know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lemonsqueezylife
Thank you so much for your time!?